Skip to main content

Friends for life

     We all do have friends, some a close knit circle and some in impressive numbers. What we do with them totally depends on the age, time and intentions. Most of the time people never know if their friends really are up to the title and apparently, they are not. But what could we possibly do about it? We never know.
     There is an old saying, that quotes the books to be the best friends humankind can have. Unaware of my doing it, I put the theory to test. I also found people who already tested it. All we could find was that it can't be any truer. At the end of a sore day, after taking downfalls when you thought the day couldn't get any worse, think about grabbing a book portraying a beautiful story while seeking the comfort of your bed. The story slowly lulling you to sleep, you would forget all the bad moments of the day by the time your eyes close. You could even be in good spirits the next day. Admittedly, there are some people, who are the contrary to the prior. Good story wakes them up and drives away their tiredness. I am something of both, where I take the books to my comfort. I could get lost in them, forgetting the wheel of time that rolls and rolls ahead. I could virtually get into the book, the story, feeling more alive than I ever have. Or I could use the same book to lull myself to sleep. Either way, at the end of the day, it is a book that I run to, to seek peace. What makes it even more interesting is that every book, every story has something to teach us and let me say, every time I read it. There are not many who experience that discovery of knowledge of things, people, and what not when they read a story, may that be a brainy science fiction or a lovely romantic story or a stormy fiction. And to me, the thought of creating something like that for someone to read is, better than any joy I could hope for. While I know it's going to take a very long time, I work on giving something good, something worth the wait. What could possibly be better than creating other's best friends? To me they would be like my children. In the end, when I know my contribution to the mankind's needs for comfort and healing of feelings is accounted for, in any degree in possible, I would know I served my purpose. Awaiting that day, I take small steps, one at a time, letting the world know that very soon it will have some good books to look up to when there's been a hard day.

Comments