Skip to main content

Can't Dodge Karma

Four years ago:
   Me: Hey, wake up!
   Sister: It's 6 am! Go away!
   Me: No! Wake up! I really need to finish this homework.
   Sister: Then finish it.
   Me: I've been writing most of the night. I have more difficult diagrams to draw. You just have to copy the text I give you.
   Sister: No way! Go away! I need to sleep! I came in late from work last night.
   Me: I know! I won't bother you again. Please?
   Sister: (Sigh and get up) Fine. Just this once.
Yesterday:
   Brother: Sister, I need your help.
   Me: (Look warily at the clock. 11pm.) What is it?
   Brother: Just copy these pages in this classwork notebook.
   Me: No way!
   Brother: Please! I need to finish this! I have a lot to study.
   Me: It's late and I'm tired!
   Brother: I know! Just this once! I won't ask again.
   Me: Ugh.. fine. What is it.
Four years ago, 1 day later:
   Me: (whisper) Are you sleeping? (Poke)
   Sister: What now?!
   Me: (My prettiest smile)
Today:
   Brother: Where is my dear sister?
   Me: Oh. My. God.
   Brother: (Devious smile)
  
Four years ago, I must have known.

Comments